"As long as I can remember, For all my spirits days, All of my journeys have been roads home to You."

3.28.2012

Three.

In an effort to write more regularly, and the sadness but yet peacefulness that I do not have time to keep up with postcards right now... a list of current favorite things.

1) Weather. My goodness gracious. I had a conversation with a friend once about weather in the winter, how it just does something to my mood, perspective... agh I just hate it. We've been fortunate to have the most wonderfully warm spring weather- allowing for skirts and dresses, cardi's, and shorts with long sleeve tshirts for errands. I love it.
I feel more alive in Spring. I know, I know... cheesy because the earth is waking up and putting on its best show... but seriously. The color on my face, the color in my wardrobe, the reminder that God makes all things new... I just love it. Now. I will be complaining in a mere few weeks that its too hot.

2) A Break Is Coming.
I have with the wisdom and push of Danielle whom I love love love love so much to take a week off. It's planned right now for the end of April. Krystal's birthday is the 22nd and that will begin my time away. I'm trying to get creative about what to do for her day, and get a feel for expectations. One never wants to disappoint the birthday girl! On Monday following I will be grabbing my underused best friend, the Canon and going for a road trip of sorts. To the Ocean. I plan to drive along the East Coast and check out places I've always wanted too. The time is meant to be reflective, restorative, and quiet. I'm thankful for the plentiful PTO time I have a year to make this break possible without removing the opportunity of summer trips, and fall getaways. I will return the following weekend to a Dave Barnes concert in Charlotte, and head back to work May 1. Wait. Have you picked up on how excited I am. WAY excited.

3) Visitors.
Moving to Winston-Salem and enjoying newness is always more fun when "oldness?" (that doesn't sound right), how about Old Friends. Yes... come to visit. This year I've had an oldie/newish friend Seth kick off the New Year on his sabbatical from Mercy Ships- it was so cold, but so fun! At the end of February I had Emily come visit for a long weekend to enjoy time away from mommy hood and sister time. Loved it. On Friday this week, Kerri Fowler Tank is coming to visit. I haven't seen her in AGES... like 2 years I think which is ridiculously too long and much too sad to comprehend. I pick her up in Charlotte and the festivities will begin. Target and Old Navy are always on the list. As is delicious tasty Mexican (taking her to my fave: Don Juan)... she will rub shoulders with my Winston Besties at an egg coloring party Friday night, and just enjoy time catching up and slowing down with each other. I'm grateful for the efforts of friends to come to me... its a welcomed shift as I was able to for a long time be the one to travel TO. Hosting is fun. Way. Fun.

4). So yes. The Weather.
The Vacation.
The Visitors.

Life. Is. Marvelous.

No comments: